Who is the data controller in respect of your personal information?
As described below, we may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller in their own right.
What information do we collect?
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Website. This information could include your name, date of birth, address, contact details and other relevant and related information
- When you place order(s) for goods or services (whether on our Website or otherwise), we collect personal information to process and fulfil your order(s), including your payment card details and delivery address.
- If you become a registered user of our Website, you can save your payment card details and delivery addresses for future use.
- Details about the transactions you carry out with us, including through our Website.
- CCTV footage in which you feature if / when you visit our premises.
- In the event that you have an accident while on our premises that you bring to our attention, we may record details of that accident and any injury you suffer in the relevant store’s accident log.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including recordings of telephone calls.
- Information about your preferences in connection with our Website, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Website.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located) and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
We will also collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; for example, we will use your payment card details and delivery address to process and fulfil your order(s);
- in the event that you do not complete your registration or order, we may use any contact information you have provided us
- to follow-up on your partial registration or order;
- to manage and administer any other arrangements between you and us.
- to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
- at or following any purchase or order you make, we may carry out security checks to protect against fraudulent transactions and to prevent and detect criminal activity; for example, we may undertake verification checks to identify any discrepancies with your payment details;
- to carry out market research; for example, we use details of your purchases to understand market trends and to identify popular products;
- to help us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer; for example, calls to our offices may be monitored and/or recorded for quality control and training purposes; and
- to address any claims made against us; for example, we may share details of our accident logs and CCTV footage with our claims handlers and insurers in connection with any claim made or likely to be made against us.
- In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to contact you, by post, telephone, SMS, email and other electronic means (including social media), with information about products, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and help us to track visitors to our Website so we can better understand what portions of the Website best serve you. It may not possible to place orders and purchase goods and services using the Website unless you have cookies turned on and we suggest that you leave them turned on. Our cookies enable us to provide features such as the ability to store items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
To find out more about the types of cookies we use on the Website, how we use them and how you can change your cookies settings, please read our Cookies policy.
Please note that such third party websites are not under our control and we do not contribute to the content of such websites. When you click through to these websites you leave the area controlled by us. We do not accept responsibility or liability for any issues arising in connection with the third party’s use of your data (including your personal information), the website content or the services offered to you by these websites.
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our Website. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your user session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet café.
Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Acts 1988 – 2003 gives you the right to access your personal information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee (currently not exceeding €6.35) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
How to contact us
NIPA, The Innovation Centre, Northern Ireland Science Park, Queens Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT3 9DT